Neo Earth

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Viktor's Reflection Post for the 3rd Quarter

I feel that I have improved a lot on my scribe post since last quarter. I went thorough the rubric more carefully this time, and I made sure to preview my post before posting it.

According to my commenters, I improved because...
  • I Included detail and neatness
  • I had many pictures (with captions) and hyperlinks
  • I had a good video, which was embedded into the post
  • I used color
  • I added a "definitions" part at the end
  • I added more information about havin 3 sex chromosomes and genetic disorders
  • I had accurate Science
  • I elaborated
  • I had real photos of people in our class
  • I didn't include a long and complicated introduction about the blogging requirements this time, which a couple of people didn't like last quarter
The things I could improve on for next time are...
  • Not having the whole first section of my post filled mainly with pictures
  • Defining words that we used in a project, etc
  • Talking more about the projects we do and why we are doing them
  • Going even more in-depth with the science
  • Including even more color
  • Making my post more interesting by adding more emotion in my voice and making it more catchy
  • Follow these eleven tips
In addition to all of those, for this particular post, the things I should have changed are...
  • Making sure that my hyperlinks are visible and are not the same color as the text
  • Including 3rd quarter in my title
  • Expanding more on the Punnett Square's relation to genetics
  • Choosing such a confusing song to put in the post
  • Explaining more about having 3 sex chromosomes, because most 7th graders didn't understand it
The benefits of using a class blog are several. For me, a blog is much easier to look at than for example checking everything on Moodle. It is also easier, for me at least, to read something written by my classmates than by a teacher, because it is written in a language that I understand better and that I hear every day. I also like commenting a lot because it improves my writing, thinking, and reading skills! There isn't really anything I don't like about blogging - it is modern, fast, easy, yet fun. I would like it a little bit more if we had more options to choose from, such as fonts, and more. It is also very complicated putting in pictures the way I want them to, and making them smaller/bigger. Other than that, I think that Blogger is much better than WordPress because of its simplicity. I want us to continue doing this!

I also just noticed that I can change the color of the post on any web browser except for Google Chrome!

1 comment:

  1. Viktor - Well written reflection post. I love the 10 tips link and think I will show it to both 7th and 8th grade as we begin scribing again. You have included excellent suggestions for improvement and I am glad you get so much from writing the comments. You have definitely been honest and clear with suggestions, criticisms and compliments. Keep up the excellent work! Blog On!!! ~Ms. D.

    ReplyDelete