Neo Earth

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dan's Reflection Post

There are several things I have improved on in my blog posts, comparing my first post and the posts of the 4th and 3rd quarters. The biggest thing I've improved on that's also helped my in my non-blog writing is being able to summarize a large amount of information (e.g. a class) concisely and clearly. Comparing from the start of the year I also have many more relevant and labelled pictures than the none I had at the start of the year. I need to improve, however, on not only inserting more pictures but also more multimedia and links rather than linking solely to Moodle.

I think the blog helped us more with writing and being able to express long and complex class discussions in concise summaries than in our science, as we were only reviewing what had happened in class. However, it was (and will be) a valuable studying and review tool to use when catching up on homework or preparing for a test.

The most important thing I learned from blogging, as mentioned above, is being able to summarize long and complex things in concise paragraphs while being able to pick out and emphasize the important and relevant information.

1 comment:

  1. Dan - your Reflection Post is well written and easy to follow. You did miss some of the questions in your answers however. I agree that a blog is great as a summarizing tool for the class and that you have become more adept at this. I would also agree that you have learned to incorporate more multi-media to help your readers enjoy your posts. Nice improvement through the year! ~Ms. D.

    ReplyDelete