Neo Earth

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ciprian's Reflection Post

I felt I have improved as a blogger in many different ways over the past few years considering the fact that I had no knowledge of blogs before we started it as a Science project. I learned how to add pictures and videos, change fonts and the colors of fonts, furthermore I learned how to add links and organize my post in a manner that is not only easy to read but also appealing to the eye and last but not least I improved the quality of my writing. I think blogs are really helpful in classrooms because sick students can check up on it and catch up with what they missed in class that day or that week. It is also helpful because this way students can review what they have done in class simply by checking the blog. A blog can also be used for studying for upcoming tests by seeing a summarized version of what the students learned in class. Blogging has helped my overall writing in a way that is hard to describe. Apart from the obvious grammar/spelling improvement it has taught me to get straight to the point rather than just add words to make it sound good. It has also taught me that when I am writing for science the writing isn't supposed to focus on being as flowery as possible it is supposed to talk about the science. Blogging helped me when commenting to other people's writing because the countless comments I wrote taught me that I shouldn't point out only the negative things about their writing but I should also talk about what they did very well. The most important thing I learned from blogging is that a picture is worth a thousand words. Meaning that visual effects not only greatly help me getting my point trough but also support what I am saying.

1 comment:

  1. Well written Reflection Post Ciprian! You have covered the necessary requirements and have given detail to your thoughts as well. I agree that blogging has improved your writing style for science and that incorporating pictures is worth a thousand words. Nice work here! ~Ms. D.

    ReplyDelete