Neo Earth

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Calvin's Reflection Post


Over the year I believe that I have become a better writer as far as blogs are concerned. I am finding that I am not making the same mistakes all the time, and I have been making fewer as the year has progressed. I have made fewer punctuation mistakes and less typos have been popping up within my writing. I have also gotten better at putting science in the writing. The blog is important because it shows us what we have done in the past in case we need to look back on it (hint hint Finals). It is also a good way for us to find out more about the topic we are learning about because the writer includes some videos and more in depth explanations about the subject. A great example of this is the post Davide did on Kinects. I think this is a great teaching tool and I have more or less liked using it this year. A blog could be used to show what we need to do for the future. For example, Ms. D could post a short blog saying that we need to study this and that. The blog has helped me to find the good and the bad in the writing of others and it has helped me to check my own work more thoroughly. The most important thing I have learned from blogging is it has also allowed me to become aware of the fact that I need to do more research before I say things about them because sometimes I am completely wrong about what I say.

1 comment:

  1. Calvin - I think you have a well written Reflection Post here! You have met all of the requirements and have included some great detail about how you have improved. I am glad you will now be ion the habit of checking what you say and write to make sure you are accurate with the information; this is a wonderful way to get in the habit of doing so. Nice work! ~Ms. D.

    ReplyDelete