Neo Earth

Friday, November 5, 2010

The First Scribe Post of the Year!

Hi and welcome, everyone, to our new 8th grade blog! Here, we will be posting stuff about what we have been doing in class each day. There will be one scribe post per class, and I have the honor of writing the first one!

First, I'm going to talk about the blogging requirements for this year. The person who is the scribe has to write a summary of what happened in class. He/she should explain it in enough detail so that someone who was away from class that day will be able to catch up and understand what he/she has missed. Each person hase to make 2 posts per quarter; one scribe post and one reflection post. You also have to comment to at least one post per week - the comments are due each Friday, and if you do more, you get more credit! The comments have to make a positive difference to the post and its scientific data. Also, don't forget to label your posts!!!! Each post has to be labeled with your name (first name only!), what the post is about and what it relates to, and what type of post it is (scribe post or reflection). The reflection post is done once, at the end of each quarter, by each person. In a reflection you write about what you liked and what you disliked about blogging during this quarter. You can find more detailed instructions on this link: http://zagreb.ceesa.net/mod/resource/view.php?id=3755. When adding pictures or music to your posts from the Internet, always try to find them on http://search.creativecommons.org! I wish you all good luck!

Now, to what we did on Thursday. We got our plant lab started, and made a data table (should look something like this:
)
You are to fill it in with data every day after you measure your plant. We took pansy plants home and are supposed to take care of them until November 23rd. Flowers on pansy plants look like this:
The complete instructions for the lab can be found on this link: http://zagreb.ceesa.net/mod/resource/view.php?id=3892.

After we finished talking about the lab, we started talking about cells and the cell theory. It consists of three statements:
  1. All cells come from other cells.
  2. All living things are composed of cells. How do you know it’s alive??
    MRSGREN
    o e e r e x u
    v s n op c t
    e ps w re r
    m i i t o r i
    e r t h d t t
    n a i u i i
    t t v c oo
    i e t n n
    o i
    n o
    n
  3. A cell is the basic unit of all living things!

    Bryce, Noam, and Viktor (me) took notes on this in class on a Google Doc - here are the links:



    Noam has not shared hers with the class yet.

    This concludes what we did in Science on Thursday!

    The next scribe is Iva - good luck!


6 comments:

  1. As usual your blog post was really good! (I know I don't actually need to comeent anymore, but whatever!) The Mrs Green brought back memories except I had trouble reading the words. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Viktor, I think that your scribe post is well thought through and organized. The two pictures were good, and I liked how you put a table/chart of our plant lab in too! You used colors well and I think that it was a great idea to put the URLs of the notes taken in class. The Mrs Gren was a great idea to put in, and I liked your use of colors, but you maybe could have spaced it a big better, just so that it is easier for the reader to see. You could have also yperlinked the URL: http://zagreb.ceesa.net/mod/resource/view.php?id=3892
    so that it would be easier to get to. All of these suggestions are little things that would have helped your scribe post be even better than it is originally. Overall, great job for your first scribe post and the first scribe post this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post, but I think you shouldn't put an introduction. This is supposed to be about the class on Thursday and I got no clue what were you writing about because I'm 7th grade. Did you speak about the introduction or only the cells. I have no idea of the main topic. You put the question but no answers. You should leave here ALL the notes about the class so that other people can see it because I have no access to the other notes and I would like to know what's going on on your class. All in all it is incomplete and written in non scientific words. It seems that on that days class you worked on practically nothing except the table and introduction. I hope you do better next time. I can hardly wait to see it. Because I'm very interested in science and I'm looking forward to see what should I expect next year. Go for it, Viktor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Viktor - Congratulations on posting a good first scribe here on our blog. You have covered all of the information we covered in class, and I am glad you outlined the blogging requirements for the quarter. I like that you put links to things, but be sure they are hyper linked to make access to these links easier for your reader. Your coverage of cell theory is great, but the MRS GREN part is very difficult to read. I like your pansy picture, but do feel like you could have had more pictures throughout and maybe some "fun link" as well. Nice work on spelling and grammar and you tagged your work well. Again, nice job overall on the first scribe post of the year! ~Ms. D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Viktor! I really enjoyed reading your post! I really like the introduction, though Ms.D already wrote the post about blogging. Plus, your post wasn't very colorful... In your post you mostly talk about blogging, why and how to do it, I like it, but you don't really talk about your science class much! You should also hyperlink (if you know how). I like your pictures though - pictures make the post look nice!
    Still, the post lookes like a well organized one,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi- I really liked your post. You could add some link like moodle. But I liked that you put yours and Bryce's Google Docs. When I look at the cell how we know that the plant is alive? I don't know what you are trying to say. Your grammar was perfect and you hyper the link. Overall good job Viktor.

    ReplyDelete